Welcome the new generation of smart models
About the smart #1
The all-new compact SUV smart #1 is the first car of the new generation of fully electric smart cars. It was specifically designed with the new mobility needs of users in mind. The urban companion gives a whole new sensation of space inside the cabin through its unique e-mobility platform architecture. This directly plays into meeting premium and high-tech demands of users. The interior design is defined by superior room efficiency. The smart #1 creates an emotional living room character, supported by unique design features such as the ambient light and the floating center console.
The all-new car is the product of the collaboration of the Mercedes-Benz Design Studio team, which introduced a new design-DNA for the brand. Three keywords are building the basis for the new car: love, pure and unexpected. Combined with the frameless doors and the floating halo roof, the seamless treatment of glass sets design exclamation marks and expresses the new premium standard for smart.
The smart #1 is able to put out a peak power of 200 kW (272 HP), 180 km/h maximum speed and an AC charge of 10-80% at 22 kW in 3 hours. With DC superfast charging, this can be achieved in less than 30 minutes. The WLTP maximum range is between 420 and 440 km.
Connectivity and user focus: the new normal for today's mobility
The smart #1 is characterized by its advanced technologies. It always puts the user in the center. With a dedicated app environment and a customized infotainment user interface, the car builds on purposeful and human-centric technology to connect people, places, and experiences both virtually and in real life. The new smart features an avatar as an intelligent companion with AI-based voice control, implemented in the 3D user interface. This is the center of the connected ecosystem of the car, smart app and cloud data - all linked to the personal smart ID and protected by the highest cybersecurity encryption standards.
Flexible mobility through easy sharing technology by smart
The new vehicle platform also includes a digital key based on a peer-2-peer system: via the smart app, users can share the smart #1's digital key with friends. The owners can decide which rights they want to transfer to the other users. Of course, the smart #1 is also designed with passenger safety in mind, which is optimally ensured by a wide range of vehicle assistance systems.
Presentation at the world premiere
On April 7th 2022, the new smart #1 was presented to the world for the first time in Berlin.
The world premiere marked the opening of a new chapter for smart starting with the smart #1 on a product level, but also including the branding and business side. The new guiding principle of smart was elaborated on by the CEO of smart Europe, Dirk Adelmann and the Head of Public Relations and Communications at smart Europe, Julia Brehm. They discussed the progress and difference smart already makes, and the exciting plans to shape mobility in a sustainable way.
The all-new car was presented by Britta Seeger, board member of Mercedes-Benz AG, the product specific information was presented by Yifeng Tan, Head of Connected Cars & Products at smart and the design was presented by Michael Gebhardt and Kai Sieber, who represented the Mercedes-Benz Design Unit.
Drivetrain and Performance: *
- Engine set up, drive train configuration: electric engine, rear-wheel drive
- Performance: 200 kW (272 PS)
- Max torque: 343Nm
- Max speed: 180 km/h (112 mph)
Charging and Consumption:*
- Battery architecture and max capacity: NCM battery / 66 kWh
- Max range WLTP: 420-440 km or 260-273 mi
- Max charging capabilities: AC: 22 kW, DC: 150kW
- Charging times:
AC: 10-80% <3h
DC: 10-80% <30 mins
- Usable connector types: CCS Type 2 Europe – Charging cable mode 3 standard
- Available additional home charging solutions: smart wallbox in partnership with ABB, charging cable with home socket (Mode 2) as an accessory.
- Exterior measurements (length, width, height): 4270/ 1822 / 1636 mm
- Wheelbase: 2750 mm
- Empty weight EU: 1820 kg (4012 lbs)
- Permissible total weight: 2270 kg (5004 lbs)
- Maximum additional payload: 450 kg (992 lbs)
- Maximum axle load: front/rear 1009/1.317 kg (2224/2903 lbs)
- Rims size: 19”
- Tire size: 235/45 R19
Interior and Infotainment:
- Luggage frunk/trunk space: frunk: 15L, trunk: 273-411L
- 12,8” high resolution touch screen with 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Fully integrated infotainment system: profile selection and preferences for your trip, from navigation, to climate control, lights and sound, most of the functions of the car can be adjusted and set on the screen. The screen has different modes and is the home of our vehicle entertainment.
- 9.2” full HD digital instrument cluster, and 10’’ Head Up Display (HUD)
Safety and Security:
- Digital encryption standards: ISO27701 system (PASS), ISO21434/ECE R155-156 systems (TARGET).
- 7 airbags
- ADAS Package: Adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go function, active lane keeping system, blind spot assist, highway and traffic jam assist, auto parking assist, adaptive high beam assist.
* The vehicle is in the EU homologation procedure and the homologation is expected to be completed in the second half of 2022. All the values are preliminary only. smart will publish the official values as soon as the homologation process is finalized. smart will publish the values through its usual channels.
Further information on the official fuel consumption and the official specific CO2 emissions of new passenger cars can be found in the 'Guide to Fuel Consumption, CO2 Emissions and Electricity Consumption of New Passenger Cars', which is available free of charge at all sales outlets, from Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH (DAT), Hellmuth-Hirth-Str. 1, 73760 Ostfildern Scharnhausen, and at https://www.dat.de/co2/.